Tuesday, February 3, 2009

PRAISE, Beaches, Potties, and Snot!



BIG NEWS.
I have officially been given enough support for my full 6-month stay here in the Dominican Republic! I will be sending out an email very soon to my supporters, but right now, I just want to express my deepest thanks to everyone who helped me get here. I appreciate everyone's generosity more than I can say. God has been so faithful to me, and I hope all of you are able to see the fruits of your giving.

Beaches!
Sharla brought Kendall and me along for a little weekend getaway to the beach, tweem-style. These are just a couple of pics from this weekend. The one on the right shows the little poopers in their speedo-type swimmy diapers. Poop holders, if you will. Little do they know, these pictures are now saved to multiple computers to bring back into their lives in their awkward teenage years.

Potties:
Officialy potty training starts tomorrow. I call it the quick and dirty method. Mom has consulted other moms and decided the way to go is to talk to the kids, put them in their new fancy underwear, have them drink a lot, and set off a timer to ring every 20 minutes to tell us when to sit on the potty. We will also begin to use the fancy potty charts that Ashley and I crafted out of construction paper. Who wants a sticker?!?!?!? You have to pee first. Poop lets you use one of the sparkly horsie stickers. This will definitely get their attention, since they have somewhat of an obsession with horses of any kind.

Snot.
No big story here. I got my first sinus infection in Latin America. Luckily, due to circumstances in Spain, I know how to ask for Zithromax in Spanish. Also, a round of antibiotics requires no perscription here, and costs about the equivalent of $10 USD. I bought two rounds, and even though they were relatively cheap to Americans, I thought: "I'm blowing 660 pesos in one sitting!" Gah!

A few more updates: http://picasaweb.google.com/katymkemp/EneroDR?feat

No comments: