Thursday, January 8, 2009

WOW.

Where should I begin? I have so much to tell, so I will have to skip a lot of it to avoid completely boring everyone who reads this...But, if you have any doubt as to whether I have your email address and would like more detailed updates along with prayer requests, please, please send me your email (katymkemp@gmail.com)! I really want to send more information to all of my supporters, family and friends.

I am slowly but surely getting to know "los tweems," Isaak and Jakob. When Spanish-speakers say "twins" in English, it sounds like tweems, so that nickname sort of stuck. They are little balls of energy, and a ton of fun. I wanted to show you a picture I conned then into taking today, but that will have to wait until I can get downstairs where the internet connection works faster! (There is currently a mission trip group down there having bible study). A few facts about the tweems:

- They will turn 3 on January 23, the day after my birthday. I told Jakob we can have a joint birthday party, and he can pick the theme. He has not decided on a theme yet, but he would like us to have raisins there.

- Isaak is completely deaf in one ear and partially in the other. Kendall and I are trying to learn signs he knows and also new ones to help us communicate better. The goal is to get a more precise hearing aid for him once Sharla gets them to the states.

- They eat almost anything! Even vegetables. Onions, bell peppers, whatever, as long as they aren't trying to make a statement that day by pretending like they can't eat.

- The last thing was a lie. They actually don't eat any white sugar... I have no idea how they are so happy. (it's because they don't know!)

- Jakob is making leaps and bounds with talking. He is a little behind, but is bilingual, and can understand anything you tell him. He is getting better any better about responding in full sentences.

- They are both becoming quite the little artists.

- This year we are going to try and conquer potty training...Yay?!

I also went to the Makarios school for the first time today. I am going to be helping with Cara and Ashley. Ashley's class was a lot of fun. The kids are such characters. It is a really great environment for them to come in their uniforms, get two hot meals, sing songs, and learn preschool curriculum. I am really looking forward to continuing on in her class. The kids are much more forgiving of broken Spanish and partial comprehension on my part. Also, they are so cute. I almost kidnapped a little girl and brought her home with me in my pocket. I will try to set up a flickr account to throw all of the pictures I take. (This the most technologically advanced year I've ever had, so please be patient with that)!

I am surrounded by some amazing, Godly women (and man, haha, only one) right now, and it's really forcing me to assess my walk with Christ and redefine what that looks like. This is going to be a season of growth in my life, and I am so thankful for it!

Besos.


No comments: