Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cumples Dominicanos

http://picasaweb.google.com/katymkemp/EneroDR#

This week we had a few fun days. My new friends celebrated my birthday hugely! It was wonderful! My roommates had every little detail covered, including little notes and signs for me. Check the album above for a few added pictures.

The tweems turned 3 on Friday! It was a big day. They made a fort with their mom and watched horsie movies during the day. That kind of went like this:

Sharla- "Garrett, do you have any movies with a lot of horses or something?"
Garrett- "Yea, I have Blazing Saddles. It's basically just horses and cows walking around the whole time."

That seemed to work out well. Nana and Papaw came over for the boys' birthday celebration, and it was a lot of fun! They don't eat white sugar usually, so birthday cake is a big deal for them! Isaak looked at the candles and pointed and kept making the sign for "hurt, hurt, hurt." My wonderful family sent me a package complete with tank tops, toys for the twins, and salmonella snacks! (Love you, mom).

All in all, it was a great week, and it helped us stay positive during the 48 hours of straight rain-- that is not an exaggeration. We even had a hard time at school, since some kids are unable to make it when the water gets so high (a.k.a. the kids that cross a river on the way to school)...

No comments: